Old May 21st, 2010, 02:38 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Mitchell Holman[_5_]

Default CBSNews: Obama signs press freedom act -- then refuses press questions

"Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"
wrote in :

Mitchell Holman wrote:

"Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"
wrote in
:

Mitchell Holman wrote:

Bert Hyman wrote in
news:Xns9D7DB4D8EFABFVeebleFetzer@ 216.250.188.140:

In . 130 Mitchell
Holman wrote:

Is the president supposed to hold a press conference
everytime he signs a bill?

Since he hardly ever has real press conferences (with questions),
that would be a good start.

No, he just goes to Republican retreats and spends an
hour taking questions from his toughest critics - and on
live TV, no less. But since reporters were not the ones
asking questions it doesn't count, I guess.

Town meetings are not press conferences, no, they aren't, Holman.

If Obama holds a press conference he is "pandering to
the liberal media".

Is that a quote from me? I doubt it. I think he should have regular
press conferences. I know that many presidents didn't do that
exactly because they didn't want to take the public opinion hit for
it, or perceived hit, but not doing it might also hurt. And I think
that standing up to the questions is part of the job.

Repost for ANY post of yours complaining about Bush
when he set the record for the fewest press conference in
a presidential term.

"President George W. Bush held the fewest first-
term press conferences in modern presidential
history."

http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...acy_press.html

Another of your famous Double Standards, perhaps?