Old January 16th, 2016, 08:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
SMS

Default Traveling on one-way tickets

On 1/2/2016 3:10 AM, Tom P wrote:
On 12/21/2015 04:48 AM, W. Wesley Groleau wrote:
Although I intend to comply with length-of-stay limits, I don't want to
pre-plan anything.

If I arrive in a Schengen country on a one-way ticket, what kind of
proof do I need that I am solvent enough to buy a ticket out?

The problem might arise before you even get there, when you want to
check in for the flight. We had that problem once going the other way
(Europe-Mexico) and the checkin clerk said we needed a return ticket in
case we were refused entry and the airline would have to fly us back.
Just following orders of course.

You could just by a full-fare refundable one way ticket back and then
cancel it for a full refund as soon as you arrived.