Old January 31st, 2016, 02:44 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

Default Traveling on one-way tickets

On 2016-01-30 22:31:12 +0000, Martin said:

When I took the ferry from Portsmouth to France in 2002, I stayed at
the railing to watch the ship approach the dock. Then discovered
everyone already departed and it took a while before I found my way out
through the ship's loading dock. No one cared.

We were once on a ferry that arrived from Ramsgate England at Dunkirk around
01:00 We took a berth because our two children were young and tired. We woke up
around 03:00 the ferry was deserted. Our car was alone on the car deck.
We drove
off and out of the port without seeing anybody.

That is amazing. I bet you were glad you didn't wake up to find the
ship heading back to England!

--
Dan Stephenson
http://stepheda.com