Old September 28th, 2004, 01:04 AM
bogus address

Rick Steves says to wash your socks out in the hotel sink at night.
He even suggests that you bring a small squirt bottle of detergent
along with you to keep costs down.
I would like to buy some of these fast drying socks, Please advise
me on what fabric the socks should be made of, in order to be dry
by morning. I have in the past had socks take much longer to dry
in Europe in the winter.
What is this special "overnight drying sock"

I prefer a suggestion I once read for lightweight cycle touring.

You take exactly three socks with you.

At any one time, two are on your feet and the third is soaking in
your water bottle.

======== Email to "j-c" at this site; email to "bogus" will bounce ========
Jack Campin: 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU; 0131 6604760
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/purrhome.html food intolerance data & recipes,
Mac logic fonts, Scots traditional music files and CD-ROMs of Scottish music.