Old December 7th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Joel

Eben..I particularly liked your approach and this is how I primarily
plan trips in the US and abroad. For whatever reason I'm getting
intimidated by the thought of putting this together. Let's say I take
your approach and I pick East Africa/Kenya and settle on three parks
for a 2 week period. Do you have names or web sites of some local
companies that do private safaris like you describe? How does this
work with staying at a lodge/camp? Do they meet you there or do they
arrange the whole thing for you? For example, I decided to stay at
the Mara Serena Lodge for three days which costs $250 per night (this
is an example). They do their own morning game drives (probably 6
people in a Land Rover). I want to have a vehicle to myself for the
day where the guide will speak English, point out game, accommodate us
for photography, etc.. I think this is essentially what you describe.
I'd MUCH prefer to do it this way assuming the costs do not get out of
hand.

For travel purposes, where or whom can I contact to arrange flights
between camps if I choose not to drive between them

Terry.. Can you explain further about safety. Do you mean in Nairobi
itself or traveling on the roads?

--Joel