Old December 8th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Hans-Georg Michna

On 7 Dec 2004 19:35:07 -0800, "Joel" wrote:

I can pretty much travel when I want. I understand that the migration
happens in July-Sep in Tanzania but it is also peak season with many
tourists. I'd be willing off travel off peak. Towards the end of
summer/beginning of fall would be ideal though.

Joel,

October is the peak of the short rains in Kenya, the second
rainy season. Most people would probably say that it's not an
ideal time for Kenya, but actually the short rains aren't too
bad. Some people even say it's a good idea to use that time.

September is a very good month if money plays no role. June is
the month where you pay off-season prices in most lodges, which
can be a lot cheaper.

I almost always visit Kenya in June.

Hans-Georg

--