Old July 19th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Icono Clast

Stephen Clark wrote:
I was told that there once was a direct service

Southern Pacific had the Daylight and the Lark each making a daily
trip. It was a nice trip but I think it took twelve hours. I
travelled on each.

but due to a landslide that happened many years ago the track is
no longer there. Is this so?

I don't know. I do know the service is no longer available.

Azzure said:
As far as I know, the Amtrak station from which you get to San
Francisco has always been in Oakland, near Jack London Square.

Used t'be. The building is still there but its use is different.

Amtrak coaches take you into the city from there.

Used to. I think not now.
. . . in L.A., you cannot trust air you cannot see -- Len
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 --- IClast at SFbay Net