Old April 8th, 2007, 10:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor

Default OT***HAPPY EASTER!!!

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
Jean O'Boyle wrote:

To all who celebrate this most holy day, I wish a Glorious and Blessed
Easter!

Here, it's more of an annoyance. Hardly any shops open. I'm surprised
they still have this law here, given that so few Britons celebrate
Easter religiously, etc.

That's too bad, our parish church was filled on Holy Thursday, Good Friday,
Holy Saturday Vigil Mass and today on Easter Sunday, there was hardly any
standing room. Despite the heavy thunderstorms we had on Saturday night,
there were many who still attended.
Most places were closed on Good Friday, including the schools...Today, I
noticed restaurants open as many families go out to eat.

Good Friday is a public holiday here, as is tomorrow. Nice for a long
weekend I suppose- that's why we went to Venice, where many others
seemed to have the same idea!

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net