Old October 17th, 2011, 04:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Sheila Page[_2_]

Default Alumni Tours - Thomas P. Gohagan & Co.

In message , Tom P
writes
On 10/09/2011 02:35 PM, Paul Aubrin wrote:
On Sat, 08 Oct 2011 11:57:13 -0700, Walt Bilofsky wrote:

We're looking at an alumni association tour to a village in France.
Although they are marketed through many universities' alumni lists, a
lot of them are actually run by Thomas P. Gohagan& Co..

Has anyone had any experience with this company's tours?

Thanks.

As a point of comparison, I found this Canadian company:

http://www.omnitour.ca/destination/france

-6 days from 1419CA$*
Musée du Louvre, Centre culturel Pompidou, Tour Eiffel, Château de
Versailles et ses jardins…

- 9 days from 1799$*
Paris, Vallée de la Loire, La Normandie…

- 16 days from 2219$*
Paris, Vallée de la Loire, Bordeaux, Périgord, Côte d'Azur…

The english language part of their site only says:
http://www.omnitour.ca/destination-en/france
We don't have a specific program.
Why? Because, all our programs are flexible and tailored to your needs!

It reads like it's mainly for students.
What's included in the price? Flights? (I think not) What kind of
hotels? Transport? Program?
It seems very strange offering fixed price tours without defining any
itinerary.

I have today received a notice of a cruise organised by Gohagan (for an
alumni association), which confuses Bergen and Copenhagen, quotes 2
different names for the ship, and gives no specific prices. At your own
risk, I think.

Sheila
--
---