Old March 16th, 2004, 11:03 PM
XOR

Default changing departure point

"rome" wrote in message ...
Would like info on how easy it is to change departure point. I am booked on
a flight from Munich (KLM) to Amsterdam but would like to change the booking
to Salzburg via KLM partner Air Alps.

Question, do I ask KLM - before departure for Europe (in May) or do I wait
until I get to Europe, even waiting till last minute. Are airlines (KLM)
accomodating with situations like this?

Thanks...

If you intend to try any changes, do them now, before the trip starts.
At least for the tickets I've been travelling on this past year,
they've all said I can make any changes (sometimes for a fee,
sometimes not if FF award) _before_ the trip begins. Changes _after_
the first leg is taken can only involve date changes but must be the
same routing (for another fee). Of course, this depends on the type of
ticket you have. My one KLM trip recently followed this same rule, but
I am not sure it applies across the board. Call KLM or your booking
agent.