Old March 15th, 2011, 01:00 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

Default two weeks in the U.S.

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 14:48:32 -0500, Doug McDonald
wrote:

On 3/12/2011 8:51 PM, Brian wrote:

There are very few places to stay anywhere that begin to be decent for
$45/night.

I do see some places advertised on billboards off interstates in North
and South Carolina that approach it but that is all I can think of.

That's not true in the heartland ... $45 will get you in a perfectly nice
clean, nicely situated, motel or chain hotel. Even in some western
tourist spots near national parks you can get that routinely if you look.
Where $45 is impossible even in a dump is major cities.

But these original posters seem to be city people, not national park types
(though why you would visit the USA and not visit even the Grand Canyon
if you arrive in LAX or Yosemite if you arrive in SFO is beyond me!)

Doug McDonald

I don't remember seeing anything that cheap near national parks but we
could have missed them.

Everyone has different interests although I do agree that the parks
are a very important part of what the U.S. is.