Old March 17th, 2011, 04:36 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
David Hatunen

Default two weeks in the U.S.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 09:13:44 -0500, Doug McDonald wrote:

On 3/16/2011 9:46 PM, David Hatunen wrote:

I-10 in downtown Tucson is lined with motel/hotels advertising $29
single rooms, and these rates hold most of the year.

Except when it matters, in late January-February!

I live west of I-10 and have to pass through the heart of that area all
the time on 22d Street and along the frontage roads. I am simply
flabbergasted by the heights the room rates reach at the time of the gem
and mineral show and you should reserve at least six months in advance I
expect.

The traffic can be a bitch, too. That's what we get for having the
world's biggest gem, mineral and fossil show every winter.

--
Dave Hatunen, Tucson, Arizona, out where the cacti grow