Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dick G[_3_]

Default First cruise - CARIBBEAN - questions

wrote in message
oups.com...
We decided to buy our first cruise:
place - Caribbean, time - December, we found too many nice cruises and
now we are confused what is the best for us? We need some help....

We have three types:
1) 7-night Caribbean-Western - from Miami with Royal Caribbean -
Voyager of the Seas
- Labadee, Haiti
- Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Cozumel

2) 8-night Caribbean-Eastern - from Fort Lauderdale with Royal
Caribbean - Radiance of the Seas
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- St. John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Charlotte Amalie, U.S. Virgin Islands
- St. Martin - Sint Maarten
- Nassau, Bahamas

3) 10-night Caribbean-Ultimate - from Tampa with Celebrity Cruises -
Zenith
- George Town, Grand Cayman
- Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
- Colon, Panama
- Roatan (Isla Roatan), Bay Islands, Honduras
- Cozumel, Mexico

We have a lot of questions, we are under 30, we would like to see a
lot, we like snorkeling, exotic places, good fun etc. It will be our
honeymoon, but we want to spend it in active way. We don't want to
spend all day on the beach.
Do You think 1st cruise for 10 nights isn't too long for first timers??

Is it better to take 7 nights?

If you have never cruised before, I'd do seven nights to be sure you are not
miserable for ten.

Is it big diffrence between these lines ( royal and celebrity ) ?

Royal Caribbean owns both lines, but there is a big difference. Just as
Carnival has the "fun ships", Royal Caribbean is the more active ship, with
fun and games at the pool, and certainly easier to get bar service.

And although I haven't been on either line in over a decade, being that I am
an oldtimer who prefers the laid back ambience of Holland America, back in
the day Celebrity food was far superior to RCL.

Is it really bad to stay at interior room or it's better to pay a little
bit
more for oceanview?

It depends. After 20 cruises I like the outside, but since it is your
honeymoon, you may either spend or not spend a lot of quality time in your
cabin. Decide how much actual physical space you need.

what we should know about additional charges?

Just about everything is extra. Be prepared.

Have a wonderful life, and spend your honeymoon living that life.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ