Old May 7th, 2006, 08:27 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.china

Default A girl wants to hire me as her pretend boyfriend for a trip back to China to see her family. Scam?

In article .com,
says...
Thanks... being used as a "mule" hadn't occurred to me. It's much more
plausible than the kinds of things I was imagining.

Well, you would just have to refuse to carry anything for her. It's that
easy.

I've got until somewhere around Chinese New Year to think this over and
get to know her better. The language/cultural barrier could make it a
lot harder to detect any deception though.

Family pressures does seem like the most likely explanation, but as an
Australian I find it hard to relate to. I wouldn't pay $2-3000 to stop
my parents/grand-parents from nagging me.

There could also be another explanation. This girl might be interested
in you and might hope that a nice romance starts if you travel with her
to China. By the way, how old is she?
--

Alfred Molon
http://www.molon.de - 7000 photos of Asia, Africa and Europe