Old May 7th, 2006, 08:55 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.china

Default A girl wants to hire me as her pretend boyfriend for a trip back to China to see her family. Scam?

Yeah, if I go ahead with this, I'm probably going to have to be quite
paranoid... and somewhat deceptive myself (double checking luggage
etc). There's lots of ways to test her motives beforehand as well.

She's 26, and it's possible she's interested in me, but I feel like I
have to discount that at the moment because if the unlikely scenario is
actually true, then that could be part of it. It's hard to fully trust
someone who's considering such a big expensive lie to her own family.
Even though it's possible that she's hoping it isn't a lie by the time
Chinese New Year comes around.

PBF