Old August 1st, 2013, 06:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K

Default travel agent?

On 7/13/2013 10:06 AM, wrote:
woulld it be less expensive to go ahead and book a cruise with a
travel agent are there any pros or cons?

Often cruise air is more costly. Cruise line are usually leaves the day
of the cruise. If the weather is too bad to fly you still won't make the
cruise on time. The cruise line may fly you to the next port but you
still miss part of the cruise.

Use a travel agent. Have the agent book your air for the day before the
cruise, with a hotel. That way you have some wiggle room. An agent can
also check for price reductions. If you go with the Cruise Line, you
have to check for those yourself and it's harder to get one if you do it
yourself. Through an agent you may get some other perks like on board
ship credit. On one cruise I took, the agent had a fresh bowl of fruit
waiting in our cabin and two bottles of champagne.

--
____
Brian M. Kochera ABCDT

Sit Stay And Beyond LLC
Dog Manners Not Mayhem

"The poor dog is the firmest of friends, the first to welcome the
foremost to defend" - Lord Byron
____
View My Shutterfly Page
http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/