Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default travel agent?

On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 21:59:20 -0400, Charles
wrote:

In article , Brian K
wrote:

On 7/13/2013 10:06 AM, wrote:
woulld it be less expensive to go ahead and book a cruise with a
travel agent are there any pros or cons?

Often cruise air is more costly. Cruise line are usually leaves the day
of the cruise. If the weather is too bad to fly you still won't make the
cruise on time. The cruise line may fly you to the next port but you
still miss part of the cruise.

Use a travel agent. Have the agent book your air for the day before the
cruise, with a hotel. That way you have some wiggle room. An agent can
also check for price reductions. If you go with the Cruise Line, you
have to check for those yourself and it's harder to get one if you do it
yourself. Through an agent you may get some other perks like on board
ship credit. On one cruise I took, the agent had a fresh bowl of fruit
waiting in our cabin and two bottles of champagne.

You can book cruise air for the day before. Recently many cruise lines
have improved their air program. It is worth checking the cruise lines
air fare and checking on doing your own air and comparing.

I agree with your second paragraph about using a travel agent.

if any of you would have read the entire thread I said I Do not need
air travel