Old January 28th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Alan Harrison

"Tony McCann" wrote in message
Does anyone have information about day tours to P or H. Is one location
better than the other. I have heard that H is better. Would visiting

both
in one day be rushed?

The answer to your final question is "Yes".

I'm not sure what you mean by "day tours". From where would you be starting?
I would STRONGLY advise against the "day trip from Rome" option. If you are
staying in Rome, go to Ostia Antica. If you are staying in or near
Naples/Sorrentine peninsula, I would advise the following:

Take the Circumvesuviana train to Pompei Scavi (Villa dei Misteri) on at
least one day and visit Pompeii. On another day go to Herculaneum and the
so-called Villa of Poppaea at Torre Annunziata, both on the Circumvesuviana
line and, for a first visit at least, "doable" in the same day.

Alan Harrison