Old November 29th, 2007, 08:51 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.anarchism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.nordic,alt.bible
dgs[_5_]

Default I've never seen a bible in any hotel room in Europe

les_on_usenet wrote:

I have stayed twice in the USA and on both occasions I found
Gideons. There were also cards advertising prostitutes and
take away food establishments (New York). I bought a
self-service ready meal from a next door Deli and got the trots
badly next day. I now know the location of every single toilet in
the Met museum as I 'started' just after I got there.

Never got that in Europe or in Tangier.

I've had the trots in a most unlikely place: Austria. It was a
poorly-made infected beer that did me in, and I had just a few
sips. It isn't often that happens - pretty rare, actually.
--
dgs