Old January 13th, 2009, 12:54 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

Default Bergen to Nordkapp

On 2009-01-11 17:48:43 -0600, Jack Campin - bogus address
said:

Nordkapp isn't actually the northernmost point on these maps: that's
Knivskjellodden, a few kilometres west on the same island, with no
road to it.

Since neither of them is on the mainland it's not clear why they
should have any special significance.

Well, Nordkapp is the most northly place I can get to, practically.
This is in part a 'check off' of something to do - how far north can I
get, and part, for the scenic drive to get there.

I once also reached the very south tip of the South Island of New
Zealand. Another place with extremely beauty spots.
--
Dan Stephenson
Photos, movies, panos from the Europe, USA, plus N.Z.:

(remove nospam from email address to reply via email)