Old December 22nd, 2011, 10:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD[_3_]

Default ANOTHER old lady strip searched

In message someone
claiming to be "hls" typed:

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message
That's $64,800/item. Think it's a good expenditure?

What does a new 777 cost? Better still, what do you value your life?
Are you worth $64,800?

We're not talking about $64,800/life, we're talking $64,800 per item of
questionable danger. Since you brought it up, lets talk about saving
lives shall well? Assuming an average of one 9/11 scale event per year,
we're costing lives and not saving them with the TSA:
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...port-security/

(No, I'm not counting the people in the buildings or anywhere else since
those would have been saved by securing the cockpit doors and allowing
the planes to land safely immediately after the hijacking attempt
starts)

A better question is why we single out air travel for security while
allowing these dangerous items in other venues? Why aren't we searching
people for water bottles before allowing them into malls?

--
It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to
steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.