Old November 6th, 2003, 04:19 AM
Gustavo Ariel Schurman

Default Spain Travel

Hi Douglas, I don't agree with You, Spanishs are very open and very
nice talking to anyone, food is the best !!!!

Maybe because I'm from Argentina, same language and similar cultures
than american...

You can find nicer people in the south of spain rather than north, go
to Andalucia Province - Granada City you won't regret it. Ask for
"Tapas".

Gustavo.

"Douglas W. Hoyt" wrote in message ...
Please let me know how Spain was to travel in and any recommendations

are greatly appreciated..so much to do so little time....

Read a guidebook about different places to go, to match what you might
enjoy.

Train is handy for larger cities, but car is great for exploring areas more
intensively (true anywhere).

Distances can be very long--it is a big country. Plan your route
thoughtfully in advance.

For some reason, I can understand virtually anything in Italy (and France)
and can't understand ANYTHING in Spain--though I have studied Spanish in my
youth, and been exposed to it in different forms much of my life. People
there talk fast.

Keep valuables secure from petty crime (e.g. money belt); leave nothing in
parked cars.

Don't expect natives to fall over themselves to be courteous and friendly
with you.

Expect dull food. Then you won't be disappointed when you get dull food
(as Rick Steves wrote: they eat to live, whereas the French or Italians
live to eat).