Old December 25th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Miles

Default UK hotel terminology?

I'm traveling from the USA and need a quick explanation of hotel terms I
am seeing.

In the UK I see rooms listed as single, double, twin, quad etc. I
understand these refer to the number of people a room is designed for.
What I never see listed is the bed type. In the USA hotel rooms are
listed as single, double, twin, queen or king. This refers to the size
of the bed in the room. I find that for my wife and I, a double sized
bed is cramped, a queen is adequate but a king is preferred. How do I
know what we are getting when booking a room in the UK?