Old October 22nd, 2003, 11:06 PM
Carole Appleyard

Default Experiences in Jerusalem

In article , Turby
writes

-Tourist in the areas of the pyramids report that when they paid
locals for a trip on the back of a camel, they made up lots of extra
payments that they din't told them about in front, includig food for
the camel. The guide also enjoyed touching the female tourist on parts
of the body that he 'accidently' came near because he was siting
behind her on the camel.

So just avoid the camels. The attraction at Giza is the pyramids and
other monumental buildings, not the stupid camels.

How often do you get the chance to see a camel at home, much less the
chance to ride one? Seeing strange animals up close is one of the joys
of travel, and can be at least as enjoyable as looking at
architectural monoliths. I'll admit, though, camels _are_ stupid.

I can recommend Australia for experiencing camels.
--
Carole