Old January 20th, 2007, 06:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Karen Henelde

Default Tour excursion information

Jeff, Thanks for your reply. I will read your review to get the full
picture. Thanks again.

Karen

"Jeff Gersten" wrote in message
am (Karen Henelde) wrote:

We (4 couples traveling together) will be in
Belize between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. during
our October Enchantment OTS cruise. Is this
a port that we should book excursions though
RCI, or is it possible to sign up for tours when
we get to the dock. Any recommendations
would be appreciated. Also, some of our
group are interested in touring the Mayan
ruins while in Cozumel. I think I read (maybe
on this ng) that the ruins accessible from
Belize are better than the ones near Cozumel.
Any thoughts? Thanks for any input.

We did find the Belize ruins in Lamanai more interesting than those in
Tulum.

We went to the Belize ruins on a combination river wildlife tour and
Mayan ruins. Between the tender time, the bus time, the river tour
(though that was also fascinating), and lunch at Lamanai, there really
was not enough time to enjoy the ruins as much as we could have with
more time.

Because of the primitive nature of the transportation system in Belize,
it's not a bad idea to take the ship's tour.

I wrote a review of that cruise including the tours. It can be found at:

http://www.seacruisereviews.com/bycr...?cruiseid=1140