Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

Default Ummm.........

On 1/14/2013 12:44 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Stephen Ellenson wrote:
....... does anyone actually discuss travel in this newsgroup
anymore?????

A few of us, still, despite the off-topic monopolizing by PJO'D and
its clones. After seven years of living in Arizona, I've come to
realize that some of our less intelligent Americans don't realize
there IS a "rest of the world". (I've concluded that the IQ score of
the average Arizonan hovers around 75 - "moron" - or below.)

Evelyn, for heaven's sake, give it up. You are one of the biggest
posters about politics (especially during President Bush's years) and
you demonize everything American! Arizona is a beautiful state and we
have friends who live in different parts of that state who never
complain as you do. Granted you do have more than your share of illegal
immigrants as we do here in Texas, but you find NOTHING nice to say
about anything. For seven years you have sat in your adult complex
(whatever it is) and you consistently color our country and its people
with one unfavorable brush. You seem to consider yourself so above
everyone else. Many Americans do travel and DO realize there is a "rest
of the world" because we travel in it. I have many friends who
travel...some are even handicapped and they use motorized scooters and
make the best of their situation. I am fortunate that as a senior
citizen, I am physically able and do travel outside of the USA at least
four times a year, as do many other of my friends. Just a week ago, 55
of us spent 10 days in the Caribbean. My husband and I will be in
Barcelona and Lisbon this April. So please stop painting all Americans
as being " less intelligent"....Tell us about the traveling that you
have been doing lately instead of sitting in judgement. Your posts are
always negative which indicates you must not be a very happy person.