Old August 20th, 2013, 06:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Clarke

Default Cell phone for European travel

This question is mostly for the USians on the group but anyone else is,
naturally, welcome to chime in.

I need advice on a CHEAP way to have a cell phone available for travel in
Europe. It doesn't have to be fancy (God, please let's not get into another
****ing contest over the glories of smart phones!). All it has to do is make
and receive voice calls.

Some years ago I got a bottom-of-the-line Motorola C123 from CallInEurope.com
operating out of Connecticut somewhere. $60 complete w a French SIM and all the
doo-dads; I lent it to someone and they lost it :-(

CIE seems to have gone out of business, but if they were still around, I'd pick
up another just like it.

Any alternative suggestions?

FrankC
(chg Arabic# to Roman to reply)