Old June 25th, 2006, 10:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Avoid Delta and Atlanta

In article .com,
wrote:

Why on earth would anyone book an air ticket a year in advance?

I would have for a cruise I am taking in April of 2007. I say this, as
I came across a fare of $191 + taxes for DEN-FLL or DEN-MIA on AA. I
figured that fare would not last and more than likely would go up in
price.

I doubt very much it would go up. It seems about the average for
this route, and there will be all kinds of sales between now and then.
Even now, I see that US Airways/America West are selling DEN-MIA for
$191 + taxes for this coming July, August, and September.

Also was locked into certain dates and wanted to make sure I got
a flight at a good price. I had to wait a few weeks before I could book
this fare (can only book 330 days in advance) and then I had to fly
DEN-FLL and MIA-DEN to get this fare.

Had you waited, you would have gotten a better price and better flights.
Of course, there is a lot to be said for the convenience of booking
and forgetting, even if you overpay for the ticket.