Old January 16th, 2008, 05:37 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Hatunen

Default Fort Lauderdale to Miami...

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:17:17 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I am debating between taking a flight into Miami or Fort Lauderdale.
The ticket to FLL is $120 cheaper. If I take a taxi I'd lose my
savings on the extra fare. What is the cheapest way to get from the
FLL airport to South Beach? I have read multiple threads on this but
the problem is that I'm traveling alone so I wouldn't be able to split
a shuttle with anyone. Are there any public shuttles that go back and
fourth taking whoever is there? What other options do I have and
worst case, how much more would it cost to take a taxi from FLL
instead of Miami?

You can take a cab to the Fort Lauderdale train station and take
TriRail to the Miami Airport Station, which isn't really near the
airport, but there's a shuttle. I've done this in reverse and
it'll come out less than the $120, but I'm not sure it's worth
it.

http://www.tri-rail.com/

From Miami airport you have to get to South Beach. That I'm not
sure about. Check the MIA website: