Old April 25th, 2008, 10:04 PM posted to rec.travel.air
dc

Default Chicago Hotel

I finally booked the Hampton Inn Majestic for around $200 a night..

I'm off in the morning..

dc

"dc" wrote in message
I think I didn't allow for differences in English & American expectations..
In England I would say it is fairly normal to ask the question without
specifying a rate and assuming that others would think likewise..

I was tempted by The Palmer House Hotel but recent reviews all complain
about the noise caused by renovation which put me off..

dc

"Mr. Travel" wrote in message
. ..
dc wrote:
When I said "not too expensive" I meant it in the English sense of
"fairly cheap" and not (as it seems) in the American sense of "really
costly"..

Why not just tell us how much you expect to pay?
Someone used to staying at Four Seasons might find the weekend rate at a
Hyatt or Hilton to be reasonable. Someone expecting to pay Motel 6 prices
is going to be disapointed.