Old April 7th, 2009, 08:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

Default Mediterranean Ferries

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:19:36 +0200, Terry Richards wrote in post :
:

"Martin Theodor Ludwig" wrote in message
... within France or Italy you can take trains. See my
www.autoreisezuege.org/esummary.htm

Regards, Martin

Martin,

Thank you for that site, it's now in my favourites list. I never even
thought about trains. It looks like we can take an overnight from Auray to
Lyon which puts us two hours from Italy and 8 hours from Rome early in the
morning. Given that we have no definite destination in mind, I'm sure we can
do something with that.

Thanks again,

Terry.

Depending on where you're going from, an overnight ferry or a drive from
Holland to Hamburg or Düsseldorf and get the train to Verona (or get off
the train at Bozen and hit the Dolomites for a day).

--
Tim C.