Old September 10th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Edwardseco

Default What to do if you get sick in India?

In article ,
(doug blaisdell) writes:

I'm just wondering what to do if I
need a doctor in India--how hard it will be to get reliable diagnosis
and treatment.

My experience has been that you get great doctors in India with better
diagnostic skills than in the US, at least. I would certainly avoid using
village doctors but in any major city you can easily afford several
consultations to be sure. Still, you shouldn't panic at the runs as you are
changing food, climate and environs. I would strongly suggest not self
medicating yourself for serious illness as I have seen people pay the ultimate
price for that. Not eating non-veg takes much of the fun of going there away.
Haven't had major problems. I strictly avoid fresh vegetables and due to the
taste, Kingfisher Beer. Otherwise a good mental state helps enormously in
providing resistance to the germs that are omnipresent. Enjoy,
edwardseco