Old January 6th, 2013, 03:45 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Poetic Justice

Default Ummm.........

Stephen*Ellenson wrote;

....... does anyone actually discuss travel
in this newsgroup anymore?????

No, sadly the group is dead and Usenet is on life support.

Example; Look at the 'Big 3' cities for European travel Rome, Paris, and
London.

How many times in 2012 has a newbie or a regular posted here looking for
info on those cities?

I am very knowledgeable about Rome and have checked this site daily
since '97.

In 2012 I made 7 posts, 4 off-topic, 2 semi on-topic (1 about another
European travel messageboard and 1 about a spammer for Italy travel) and
2 on-topic posts about Rome.

A few (sincere and good hearted) regulars for years always go on a short
posting frenzy whenever this subject is raised.

But R.T.E has hit the iceberg and like most other Usenet Groups it will
finally sadly sink.

And then it will only be Runge and the spammers left and he will be our
legacy:-(. Regards, Walter