Old October 14th, 2005, 09:04 AM
riverman

Default Giza train station

I'm not sure, but when I took the overnight train from Cairo to Aswan
several years ago, it was sure a lot less than that site quotes!!

I think this must be a middleman that jacks up the rates. I walked over
to the Cairo train station the morning before, and bought my ticket
onsite for something equivalent to $20US, if I remember correctly. I
also think it didn't make any stops before heading south.

Check some local sites and cross reference with Lonelyplanet.com before
you send money to sleepingtrains.com, I think.

--riverman