Old July 23rd, 2004, 05:34 PM
Markku Grönroos

Default Singapore - 6 hrs to kill in airport- any bus trips?

Tchiowa kirjoitti:

Markku Grönroos wrote in message ...

Tchiowa kirjoitti:

Immigration will not look at the KLM record. They will look at the
piece of paper you have. If they have questions or problems with it
then they may look at airline records. If the record shows you left
baggage in the transit area while you actually left transit you will
be checked.

Left baggage in the transit area while you are somewhere else... you
will be checked? I don't follow. Where in the transit area you leave
your luggage when you are going to town?

Have you been following the thread at all????? The statement was that
someone who was checked through to a destination beyond Singapore
could leave the airport even though he had checked baggage through.

That is what causes the problem. The checked baggage.

Why checked luggage causes any problems? One is travelling from point A
to point B by plane x and further by plane y (which may be plane x as
well) to point C. His (at point A security checked) luggage is moved by
ground personnel from plane x by carts to terminal in which it is sorted
and later loaded to the cargo of plane y (this will be done only in the
case planes y and x are two and different planes). As far as I know this
process is fully independent from the decision whether the owner of the
luggage leaves the transit area or not. At least you have said the
following:

True. But if you don't know Singapore you're not going to see much
before you have to go back. And you'll have to check your luggage to
Singapore and retrieve it. Yes, you can leave it at the airport, but
you'll have to retrieve it, pay for the storage, then check it again
when you go back.

************************************************** ***************************

1. One can check the luggage at point A to point C (beyond Singapore)
if he decided not to leave the Changi (point B) airport ?

2. If he decided differently he should inform the check in staff at point A
that luggage is to be checked only to Changi because you are willing to
do some sightseeing in Singapore ? You will then physically collect your
luggage at the Changi arrivals and while in Singapore it will be
stored in
a location of your own decision and when it is time to go back to the
transit area you get your luggage and check it to your destination ?

Do I read you at all ? If so:

What about the staff at point A refuse to do so (as they very well might
do) and will clear your luggage all the way to point C no matter how
much you may protest against it ?

Hopefully you had it all differently in your mind and I am just confused
here. I admit, this above mentioned scenario is all crazy. I just get
such an impression for some reason.