Old March 3rd, 2005, 08:35 PM
JosephP

"PeterL" wrote in message

"Chris Blunt" wrote in message
On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 02:03:07 GMT, michael wrote:

Chris Blunt wrote:

Its reasonable to assume that the vast majority of offenders would be
Cambodian since they make up all but a very tiny proportion of the
population.

by your "reasoning" we can assume that the vast majority of happy pizza
consumed on sisowath quay is consumed by cambodians... my gut instinct
tells me this is idiotic... but, hey, assume away...

Of course not, but your comparison is invalid because Happy Pizza is a
business that few locals would be likely to visit because of its
relatively high prices.

We are talking about child porn as a business. They are not giving locals

discount.

Child sexual abuse is not something carried
out by any particular economic, social or racial group.

Certainly economic group. E.g. those who can afford to pay for it. That
is, not locals.

There is an important economic fact:
The influx of big dollars for demand drives up supply.