Old April 21st, 2004, 06:51 PM
Andy Pandy

Default Beware - credit card rip-off

"Olivers" wrote in message
Given the amounts involved in individual CC transactions, the exchange
rates which I have seen for about eleventy dozen times better than the
"cash" exchange rates provided by either the two banks I worked for and as
good as many of the commercial transcation rates available to traders and
large coorporations. CCs have litereally revolutionized foreign exchange,
with debit/ATM cards following to change even further the "Bad Old Days".

At least with cash there is the excuse that there are costs involved with
storing, handling and transporting foreign currency. There's virtually no cost
in doing an electronic conversion from one currency to another, yet these
rip-off merchants want about 3% or more.

--
Andy