Old September 10th, 2007, 03:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

Default IATA bids farewell to paper tickets

On Sep 10, 1:03 am, mrtravel wrote:
wrote:

As I said (though I understand you have trouble with content as well
as context), in 2000, when I made those comments, etickets were mad
eon the phone and no written confirmations were provided. However,
don't let the facts get in your way.

I have a question. How does emailing an e-ticket receipt change whether
this is a written contract or not?
Isn't a written contract signed by both parties?

There weren't email confirmations in 2000. However:

1. Why do you think phone reps always (and still) read you the terms
and restrictions when you book a ticket?
2. Supposing the contemporary system malfunctions and no email
receipt is ever transmitted by the airline -- where is the writing,
signed by the party to be charged?
3. Supposing the email receipt is received, but it reflects the wrong
date, or the wrong price or different terms and conditions (e.g. non-
refundable when you asked for refundable)?

How will you prove up the terms of your "written" agreement?