Old January 9th, 2012, 02:03 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Fly Guy

Default zone bars (candy / nutrition bar as carry-on)

bob wrote:

I'm on a trip and bought some zone bars I probably can't finish:

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...0912075715.jpg

Is it ok to take these on an American Airlines U.S. flight in my
carry-on?

Why didn't you write the subject as

- Candy/nutrition bars - OK for carry-on?

Why write your question as a stupid-ass "zone bars" ?

What the hell is a "zone bar"?

Next time, make better use of the subject line so that the reader has a
good idea what question or subject is being discussed.

To answer your question, even in these hyper-stupid days of insane
carry-on restrictions and screening, solid and semi-solid food items are
almost always allowed.

I will usually bring one of those pre-packaged nut mixes through
security (cashews, etc).

I will also bring 3 or 4 of those small plastic liquor bottles through
security. I keep empty bottles at home, and fill them with what-ever I
feel like (whisky, vodka, rum, etc) and put them in the toiletry bag
that normally contains shampoo, deodorant, etc. I have no problem
getting that quantity through the x-ray security screen. And then
(naturally) consuming them on the plane - with some coke or gingerale
and my cashews.