Old April 3rd, 2009, 04:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gerry[_2_]

Default Options to get from Vancouver, BC cruise terminal to SeaTac airport in May

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 23:21:57 -0500, LM103
wrote:

Are you going directly to seatac airport to catch a plane to socal? If
so, I would look at flying directly from YVR (vancouver international)
to California.

Just checked on Sidestep.com. One way flights priced in USD
YVR-LAX $189
SEA-LAX $ 70
Difference $119
Bus ticket from Canada Place Pier to SEA $52.25

Savings by taking bus to SEA is $66.75

I think the next best option would be to rent a car. The drive from
Vancouver to seatac is nice enough, but isn't especially wonderful and
doesn't really show the best of either BC or Washington.

If you would have time to visit Seattle on your way to seatac I would
recommend driving because it is a beautiful city with a nice atmosphere.

Driving might be nice but you will probably not be allowed to rent a
car in Canada and drop it off in the US. If you are allowed, the drop
off fee will be horrendous. I just checked Alamo. The base cost for
the rental is $1,000.

If you don't have time, I would fly directly from YVR to California.