Old November 21st, 2007, 12:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

Default buying LHD vehicle

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:41:08 GMT, "tam"
wrote:

Hi all who know most about everything European.
My wife absolutely refuses to fly and I am not going by train or bus.
I want to drive from Bonnie Scotland to much
warmer-southern-anywhere-probably- Spain in January coming back April.
Will it be better value for money buying a vehicle in France or Holland to
drive down.
I intend to use it to drive around Europe over the next 2 or 3 years.
I was thinking of a big tank like the Toyota Landcruiser Amazon although I m
a bit concerned about the meadieval Spanish towns.
Done it before in my RHD BMW Series5 and Audi 80- pretty hairy in the
mountains.
When I was 35 years younger I drove 2000 miles around Spain in a
mini--seemed quite comfy--at the time.
Looking forward to your advice.
Tam

Two thoughts.

Consider a "wanted to buy" ad in your local paper. There's
always the chance that someone has driven a LHD vehicle from
Europe to your district and would be glad to part with it
for a reasonable price. Then it will be registered locally
and covered by your own insurance etc.

And, just in case you're not a Scot or European national,
consider this: http://www.eurodrive.renault.com/

Unfortunately, it's not for UK or EU citizens. Brilliant
system for anyone else considering an extended driving tour
in Europe.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/