Old February 21st, 2006, 03:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Travelocity/Princess Single Penalty

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Ray Goldenberg
wrote:

All of your assumptions are based on ships going out less than full.
This is just not the case. Cruise lines such as Princess are bribing
folks to get off of their ships because they are overbooked. In the
popular price market, most ships with the exception of one line that I
can think of go out completely full. If the cruise lines were going
out less than full as they were in 2002, after 9/11, your assumptions
would make financial opportunity. They don't in the current market.

Many of the sailings I have been on the last few years have had empty
cabins. Heck, I remember on Celebrity Summitt when there was a plumbing
defect in my inside cabin they gave me a choice of three outside cabins
to pick from and that was just empty cabins on the same deck to make
the move easy. And they did have the sign out at the begining claiming
to be full.

They probably put that sign up to keep people from asking for free upgrades.

--Tom