Old February 22nd, 2006, 01:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Travelocity/Princess Single Penalty

In article , says...

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 22:01:59 -0600, Lloyd Parsons
wrote:

So basically Princess is telling the single/solo traveler to buzz off?
I mean, the supplement is pretty much BS to start with 'cause there is
almost always empty cabins on every cruise, regardless of the signs at
the ports and now they want to jack it UP?

Hi Everyone,

The cruise lines receive between a large portion of their revenue
from the onboard spend. The average is 30-40% of what you pay for a
cruise according to their latest financials. IOW, this would mean

Is that for all cabin cattegories? A top suite on the Celebrity
Infinity for a two week cruise may have a fare of $15,000 per person.
Even if there are two people in the cabin, I doubt they will spend
30% of $30,000.