Old April 8th, 2007, 12:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge1

Default What kind of neighborhood is Bois de Vincennes (just outside Paris)?

Martin's help as usual...
If you stay in the city of Vincennes, you will not have to fear about
anything, as long as you don't wander in the middle of woods at night.
Vincennes is a pleasant town and to get to Paris you may choose between the
métro line 1 or the RER line A (2 different stations)
Evenings in Vincennes are OK but you can spend them in Paris as long as you
are back for the last métro...and there are also various RATP buses.

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de news:
On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 13:28:14 +0200, JuanElorza

wrote:

Steve G a écrit :
We may have an oppoprtunity to use a residence just north of the Bois
de Vincennes to the east of Paris as a base of operations for a Paris
trip. I figure we'd be able to use the Metro to get in and out of the
core of Paris, and spend our evenings at the Vincennes residence. But
I want to get a feel for the neighborhood itself (safety, crime,
ambience, etc). Thanks in advance for any info.

It considered a nice residencial place.
Donjon de Vincennes just reopened to visit some weeks ago.
http://www.chateau-vincennes.fr/index.php

English King Henry V died there of dysentery in August 31, 1422.

Hygiene has improved in the meantime.
--

Martin