Old June 17th, 2007, 07:23 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
DevilsPGD

Default Why do people sleep in airports? I always see these people on the news...

In message "J. Clarke"
wrote:

DevilsPGD wrote:

To some it's worth it, to others, it's not. If I had 6 hours to kill
and was headed to a business meeting, I'd probably hit the hotel and
get some sleep. If I was heading somewhere that I could sleep it off
on the other end, I'd stay at the airport.

If your flight was _cancelled_, per the original post, then either your
meeting has to be rescheduled or you're going to miss it.

Not if the meeting doesn't occur until after the following flight has
landed -- I have the flexibility that I can work from anywhere with
internet access though, so I always fly out at least one flight before I
absolutely have to, and catch up on work from the hotel (or a nearby
hotspot).

A cancelled flight (or two) is not as devastating to my plans as to
many, although there is obviously no guarantee I'd make it on any of the
next few flights either.

--
If quitters never win, and winners never quit,
what fool came up with, "Quit while you're ahead"?