Old March 1st, 2009, 02:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Default Tips on living in Germany

Martin wrote:

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 13:00:29 +0100, Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:

Erick T. Barkhuis -o-m wrote in
:

To prevent merchants from circumventing this charge, the contract
says they're not allowed to price goods differently if paid by CC
card,

But...don't airlines (like Ryanair) charge additionally for credit
card use?
And I've seen signs at fuel stations, saying that they would charge 50
cents or so, if the customer wants to use debit/credit card and the
total amount is less than 15 euros.

If this is true, they are either in breach of their contract, or they
have some exemption written into.

Ryanair and others charge extra if one pays with some credit cards.

And many airlines charge different fees depending on the type of card
used- e.g. maestro instead of mastercard. Even some rail companies do
this in the UK.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)