Old March 2nd, 2009, 12:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Keith Anderson

Default Tips on living in Germany

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:52:01 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:41:18 +0100, Erick T. Barkhuis
-o-m wrote:

Keith Anderson:

That's the thing (compared with the UK, for instance) - many German
c/cs have an annual fee.

Got mine from Gebührenfrei:
http://www.gebuhrenfrei.com/

How does Gebührenfrei.com do business? Is it the high rates they get on
not timely payed amounts, or what?

Sollzins, Einkäufe (Teilzahlung, ab 17,9% p.a. Effektivzins*) pro Monat 1,38 %
Sollzins, Bargeld (25,9% p.a. Effektivzins) pro Monat 1,94 %

Probably )

I only use the thing for the sake of convenience, e.g. booking flights
or paying for goods and services whilst visiting the UK (usually
hotels, Marks & Spencer, rail travel and Indian food - lots and lots
of Indian food....'cos "Indian" restaurants in Germany are usually
rubbish compared with Anglo-Indian in the UK).

Anyway, I pay the whole lot off and don't incur interest.

A chicken tikka dhansak, a chicken tikka dhansak, my kingdom for a
chicken tikka dhansak!

Keith (formerly of Bristol UK)
now moved to Berlin/nach Berlin umgezogen