Old March 2nd, 2004, 05:33 PM
Mark Fagan

Default Paris metro Line 14

There are lots of guide books to the more obscure parts of Paris. You could
pursue a theme, like tracking down Art Nouveau architecture in the 16th and
other arrondissments. There are literally hundreds of museums, most of them
known only to a few. Also, you can search out the remains of villages that
have been swallowed by the city. Look on the map for an area where the
streets form a small circle, that seem to make little connection with the
city around them. The 'rural' part of Montmartre, back behind Sacre Coeur
and around the Lapin Agile and the vineyard are an area like this.

While it's become very touristy to find the sites made famous in the movie
Amélie, there are lots of other literary and film references to Paris. You
could pursue the locations mentioned in the detective novels of Georges
Simenon's Commissaire Maigret (I always keep a map handy to follow his
movements, they are absolutely authentic) or perhaps the haunts of Ernest
Hemingway, from his Moveable Feast.

"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message
Is this a new line ?

There doesn't seem to be maps on
http://www.ratp.fr/ParisVisite/Eng/Pla_q/f_pla.htm

??

Also is there any benefit/difference between taking the roissybus vs the

RER
from Charles de Gaulle to the centre of Paris. The bus seems a fraction
cheaper.

Finally I am looking for 10 unusal things to do in Paris - i.e. touristy
things, but having been there about 20 times before, not the usual

touristy
things - Any suggestions ?