Old March 2nd, 2004, 06:45 PM
meurgues

Default Paris metro Line 14

"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message ...
Is this a new line ?

There doesn't seem to be maps on
http://www.ratp.fr/ParisVisite/Eng/Pla_q/f_pla.htm

Try :
http://www.citefutee.com/orienter/plans.php
then "plan du metro"
The line 14 is not new but has been newly opened between Madeleine and
Saint-Lazare.

Musée Baccarat (glass and cristal factory famous in France)
refurbished by designer Philippe Starck and painter Gérard Garouste
recently reopened 11 (I think) place des Etats Unis, M° Iena. The
collection is not immense but lovely. At the exit of metro Iena you've
got also the musée Guimet of asiatic arts + the nearby pantheon
boudhique. Other smaller museums of asiatic arts : musée d'Ennery
avenue Foch (still closed for refurbishment, difficult access on
appointment only), musée Cernuschi avenue/rue ? Velasquez and musée
Albert Kahn in Boulogne.

Catacombes, Rodin, Picasso, Jewish, Arts et Métiers, Natural History
(evolution galery), french history (at the national archives), "magie"
museums ??
Difficult to know WHAT you have already seen in 20 times...

Didier Meurgues

Also is there any benefit/difference between taking the roissybus vs the RER
from Charles de Gaulle to the centre of Paris. The bus seems a fraction
cheaper.

Finally I am looking for 10 unusal things to do in Paris - i.e. touristy
things, but having been there about 20 times before, not the usual touristy
things - Any suggestions ?