Old September 29th, 2003, 07:04 PM
JohnM

Default What's your favorite Travel Guides?

In article . net, King
writes
Hi,
Thanks everyone for your opinion. I know everyone has their favorite
guides. They're probably all good in their own way.
How would you rate,

Fodor's

Frommers

Rough Guide

Lonley Planet

other?

For South America, the South America Handbook - now published by
Footprints and split into individual country books is as complete as you
get. Lonely Planet - well, it is too opinionated for my liking, though a
better read. I liked it better in the olden days when it had one-liners
like 'Brasilia is a vast architectural wank' - expunged from later
editions.

--
JohnM
Author of Brazil: Life, Blood, Soul